The Five W's of Tennis Manitoba
Who are we?
Tennis Manitoba is made up of
Clubs, the membership at these clubs, and other individual
members. Each fall, a volunteer Board of Directors is
elected from the membership to help with the planning
and operation of the Association. One full-time
Director and one half-time Administrative Assistant
are also employed to assist with the various functions
of Tennis Manitoba.
The Manitoba Lawn Tennis Association
was establish in 1880 when two clubs, the Winnipeg Lawn
Tennis Club and the Winnipeg Canoe Club, got together
to help form the Association. Tennis Manitoba was incorporated
Why are we
Tennis Manitoba is committed to
stimulating participation and advancement in tennis
by all Manitobans.
What do we
Together with our members, and other
partners such as Tennis Canada, the other nine Provincial
Associations and Sport Manitoba, a variety of programs
and services are offered to promote and develop the
Sport of a Lifetime.
Although the majority of our
member club facilities
are in the City of Winnipeg, Tennis Manitoba also has
member clubs in Birtle, Brandon, Carman, Clear Lake,
Dauphin, Portage la Prairie and Victoria Beach. Our
goal is to
offer programs in all regions of Manitoba. To view
the member club listing
Tennis Manitoba announces 2011 Board of Directors